1.27.2013

Adam Levine Hosts SNL

Adam Levine did not disappoint as a host on Saturday Night Live -like I predicted here. As far as ratings, they've been quite steady in the past weeks. Watch full episode.

It seems like SNL pulled out the stops for the Maroon 5 frontman. He got blessed with some hilarious skits, a killer monologue, cameos by Jerry Seinfeld, Cameron Diaz, Andy Samberg and yes... a Digital Short!


Adam Levine in a bow-tie is quite appealing, but did SNL give us Shirtless Adam Levine?
YES. We asked for it. We got it. Shirtless Adam Levine within the first 5 minutes of the show. Thanks, SNL.

Thanks to @adamgasmmm 
for this!
The handsome singer delivered that monologue fantastically and with the help of some comedy heavy-hitters made a spoof of The Voice. Just great.


The Lonely Island with Adam Levine and Kendrick Lamar
You know you're important when they bring in these guys for you. As usual, LOL-worthy.

And finally, we know what YOLO really means.

The Skits
Gay Adam. Nerdy Adam. Nev from Catfish Adam. Shirtless Adam. Neil Diamond Adam. Moves like Jagger Adam. Chef Adam. Regular Adam.... Adam for all!

For someone that is not an actor, he nailed all the characters! I'd say... Best Host we've seen in a while,(but I might be biased).

Below, Adam's BEST skits of the night


Did you like Adam Levine as a host?
Comment below or tweet me at @itsaPopOD!

Justin Bieber will host SNL February 9th! 

7 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    Your blog is very interesting and entertaining. I can see why you received an Emmy for your work. Your blog is professionally executed and very engaging. Furthermore, I like the placement and use of the live videos as well as your commentary. As a TV junkie, I found your blog to be very easy to read and the content to be very fresh, up-to-date and engaging. I also appreciate your format and your way of summing up the POP news of the day, so much, that I actually went back to review your blog from the beginning. Great stuff! As such, I plan to sign up for your RSS feed for, “IT’S A POP O.D." because you are right on point with your content and delivery.

    Keep up the great work!

    Your Classmate,

    Valencia Passmore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valencia! I really appreciate your words and your support. Hopefully, you do make it's a Pop O.D. your go-to source for Pop Culture news! Haha! ;)
      In the meantime, if you're on Twitter you can vote for me on the 2013 Shorty Awards.
      Here's my nominee profile: http://shortyawards.com/itsaPopOD
      You just have to tweet "I nominate @itsaPopOD for a Shorty Award in #videoblogger because... " and give a reason why. I'd appreciate that.
      Thank you so much, again! ;)

      Delete
  2. Andrea - I see you are a fellow Full Sail student so posting here after catching your blog from class. Wow! What a great design, personality and execution to your posts. Hands down best I've seen in class so I had to comment. I'm supposed to give you suggestions for SEO optimization but you are crushing it here girl with tags, key words folks will be searching for, and up to the minute information. Everyone could learn a lot from you. My only suggestion would be keep up the great work and perhaps have some posts ready for upcoming pop-culture events like the Oscars in the can so that when the night happens you will be all over it! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeremy,
      I am very glad you like my blog. It's definitely my baby. Haha!
      I am also now a big fan of SEO, you have no idea how much I'm into that. Haha!
      Great idea with the Oscars tip. I had never thought of pre-writing a blog just to have it almost ready to go.
      Thanks!
      And if you're on Twitter, you can vote for me on the 2013 Shorty Awards.
      Here's my nominee profile: http://shortyawards.com/itsaPopOD
      You just have to tweet "I nominate @itsaPopOD for a Shorty Award in #videoblogger because... " and give a reason why.
      Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. I agree, Adam did do a great job on Saturday night live. I also think that the skit was hilarious. This is an amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Josh!
      Adam was hilarious. Indeed.

      Delete