5.23.2012

DWTS crowns another black man

Football players can dance
Dancing with the Stars has crowned another winner, and it is (shocker!)... another black man -for the third consecutive season.

It's clear: American Idol viewers dig white guys with guitars and DWTS is all about a strong black man. The 2 previous winners are Hines Ward and J.R. Martinez.

The Fan Favorite
William Levy, placed third, and that was surprising. Every time he touched that dance floor, all you could hear was yelling at Justin Bieber-like volume. The latin Brad Pitt was definitely most-improved, but his American Dream won't include a Mirror Ball trophy.


The "I've Never Had a Dance Lesson" Lie
Then, there's British classical singer, Katherine Jenkins on second place. Miss Perfect-Scores didn't win because she lied to America. She wanted to make us believe that she never had a dance class in her life, but I'm not buying that. Joking aside.

The Welsh Wiggler was good, but she's not black, she's not a man and she's not American, so she didn't get the Mirror Ball. I can't put jokes aside, apparently.

The Pros
Peta Murgatroyd now has her first Mirror Ball Trophy. Last season (her first), she did get partnered with a black man, but unfortunately that man was Meta World Peace. She has also become America's new source of thinspiration -unofficially.

I'm sad for Mark Ballas. He has won 2 times and came pretty close a couple more. I think he's the BEST choreographer out of all the pros (Derek Hough second), so I would have been beyond happy if he won. Hopefully, he'll get some Emmy nominations (brilliantly-choreographed Argentine tango, I'm looking at you!)

Donald Driver
He compared this title to winning the Super Bowl.

This tweet sums up what many football fans thought of that.
Self-proclaimed Dancing with the Stars fan "since Evander Holyfield was on the show" definitely wanted it the most and showed a lot of improvement every week. 

Also, that freestyle sealed the deal! So entertaining and I hadn't seen lifts this crazy since Brooke Burke and Derek Hough did my favorite freestyle ever! (I tweeted Brooke about that and here's her reply)

What I loved even more about Donald winning... his reaction. Watch:

BTW, I had to find a video of when he won the Super Bowl. If I was a Packers fan, I'd be mad because he didn't do all that rolling around in the floor for that title. Watch that here.