9.19.2011

Emmys Red Carpet: Redder than Ever

Red, red, red, but some were better than others, and only one landed in my best dressed list.

Best Dressed
1. Aubrey Plaza
The Parks and Recreation actress let go off her usually hipster ways to don a beautiful Juan Carlos Obando creation.
I’m going to try and get this letter sent to him:

2. Nina Dobrev
She’s wearing Donna Karan. I have 2 words: stunning & va-va-voom!

3. Gwyneth Paltrow
There’s nothing I love more than a fashion risk taker. Gwyneth took a risk with that Emilio Pucci and it paid off!

This 38-year-old can pull of things girls half her age in that red carpet couldn’t think of wearing (I’m talking to you, Lea Michele!).

4. Kelly Osbourne
Kelly from the J. Mendel dress to the perfect hair (and the sparkly nails)… Gorgeous!
I love a good ole’ success story, and considering the type of clothing Ozzy’s daughter used to wear in the early 2000’s, this is even more heart-warming.



Worst Dressed
1. Amy Poehler
Amy (in Peter Som) shouldn’t be wearing something this form-fitting, and I those sleeves are just uncomfortable to see.

@Possessionista said it best...

2. Julianne Hough
Usually, Carolina Herrera can do no wrong. This is the example of one she does it wrong. Something about the hair and make-up is not quite helping the cause. I wonder what Ryan Seacrest thought…

3. Julianna Margulies
She’s wearing Armani Prive. I feel horribly bad when someone lands in the Worst Dressed list the day they win an award because they’ll have to remember it forever. This is the case.
Those dress embellishments irritated me immensely. It’s like those clear glass pebbles they use to decorate cheap store displays.

4. Dianna Agron
The dress designer is Roksanda Ilincic, but who I need to have a word with is her stylist. No, actually, I want to tell Dianna to just fire that evil person. The dress is zero flattering in the chest area and it could have used some steaming. Fail.

5. Paz de la Huerta
This lady scares me. Period.

Let's talk about Lea Michele
Lea vs Sarah Hyland.
Long story short: Sarah Hyland was on Fashion Police on Friday. She made fun of Lea Michele’s posing. Gleeks started viciously attacking the cute Modern Family star.

My verdict: Be mad at Sarah Hyland all you want, but she's right. Lea Michele's red carpet posing is RIDICULOUS.

Why am I devoting so many characters to Lea Michele? Because she’s being named one of the night’s best dressed. If she turns her back to us, I agree, but there was a huge problem in the front. Either the exposed back didn’t allow Lea to wear enough Spanx or she is pregnant.
Loved the hair, though, a different look on Lea for a change.



Most Improved Star of the Red Carpet:
Naya Rivera!

2010: 1995 Prom Dance Gone Bad.
2011: Hair, make-up, dress… everything… Much better! Good for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment