6.01.2011

The Voice: The Strongest Team is....


The chair swiveling is over. The coaches fighting each other is over. I'm hoping Mark Burnett adds his own twist to the live shows, or else, from now on this is pretty much American Idol (with Adam Levine instead of Steven Tyler, which is a definite plus).

Let's Talk Front-Runners

Actually, it's more, like let's talk about my favorites.

I find it hard to fall in love with a girl's voice, until I met Blake Shelton. No, I'm not being offensive here. I'm saying Blake just discovered my two favorite girl singers... probably ever.

1. Dia FramptonI've already addressed my love for Dia. She covers a bunch of songs on youtube. I like this Adele Cover.

2. XeniaThis is the kind of voice I want to play over and over. Obviously, Blake Shelton is in to the same type of girls I am (No, I don't like Miranda Lambert, and I no I am not lesbian, I like their voices).

Adorable little Xenia belts out some John Mayer for us, and it's hard not to love it.

Will the rest of America get it? I don't know. America is used to the power ballad singer, which is why Christina Aguilera's girls could do well.

My advice to Blake: This girls are so incredibly shy, Reba might not be enough to get this girls out of their shell. Start making some phone calls to people that will snap them out of their super extreme introverted ways, or their stand-out voices won't be enough.

3. Nakia
I have also professed my love for Nakia before. The guy is super cool.

Also, he has a great game plan. If you tweet about how much you like him, he'll reply! The audience gets to vote on this upcoming live shows, so that's a great way to secure a couple of votes.

4. Javier Colon
Need I say more?

Best Team?
Tough question. I'd say each coach has 2 stand-outs.

Adam Levine started out pretty good. However, he got SO picky he had to rely on the rejects to complete his team, and that might have hurt him. Javier Colon and Jeff Jenkins are his strong players, no doubt. Casey could surprise us.

Cee Lo Green has Nakia. Vicci Martinez is a little powerhouse, but Vicci, I sometimes Forget You!

Christina Aguilera is not my type of singer. For that reason, some of her picks are not my cup of tea. My favorite? Beverly, no doubt, but she might scare America. I can't imagine the viewers of a singing competition falling in love with a lesbian skinhead (I actually dig her!). Frenchie is strong and her Broadway experience and Idol past could benefit her.

Blake Shelton picked my two fave girls in any singing competition ever. I'm obviously against oversingers. Patrick Thomas and Jared Blake? Blah! We already have Scotty McCreery and Chris Daughtry. Nice try, though.


That being said... Who has the Best Team? I'd say Adam Levine. His persuasive ways earned him the two singers every coach turned around for, and that has got to mean something.

Also, let’s hope The Voice has a better voting system than Idol, or it will be crowning another tween, and based on Carson Daly’s repetitive “we’re different from every other singing competition” speech, that isn’t the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment